22 February 2013

New Drawing. :)

    I wanted to update my Blog, but have nothing in particular to post about. Well, nothing that would make it sound like I have a life. XD My current goals right now are as follows: Beat my video game. Start a new video game. Beat that video game. Start another one...etcetera. ;)

    However, something sorta exciting did happen. :D I filled up my...*thinks and counts on fingers*...6th? I think my 6th sketchbook. Hooray! :D I'm not a terribly talented artist, and it's taken me years and years to get to where I currently am. I had such a hard time with developing my artistic skills. You see, in a school setting...they don't let you just do your thing. =/ At least, not where I am. The teachers were incredibly harsh, and only looking for certain styles. There wasn't freedom to experiment and figure out your own unique style (which, I did finally find! However, I don't really show those pictures to other people. ^^;; )...freedom to figure out what worked and didn't work. It was just...suffocating. Ugh..

    So, every time I got put in an art class, I'd go off of art for a few years. But...I always come back to it. It's an emotional outlet in certain ways. :) Not always, but it can be.

    I've started dabbling around in realism, and I do an anime-inspired style. I don't feel like I can call it anime 'cuz I really suck next to those kinds of artists. XD But I definitely get it from there. My true style has been described as "surreal" by the few I showed it to. :) I don't hide those pictures because I'm stuck up or anything, 'cuz I'm not. I just...the surreal ones...those are direct sources to my soul, to my innermost thoughts, feelings, or desires.... It's just too personal to really show. You know? It's almost like a journal. :D

    Anyway, I draw primarily with pen. I found that I actually draw a lot better, and with 90% less mistakes, if I never use pencil. Pens are the way to go as far as I'm concerned. I also use colored pencils. I think I mentioned all of this before??

    So, I filled up m 6th sketchbook. :) My mom was amazing and surprised me with a new sketchbook about a week or so ago, and tonight I filled up the first page. :D I was excited about it, and wanted to share the drawing!

    There are areas that could be worked on. But, you know, I'm just happy with it. :) I'm finally free from school and able to do what I want. I'm still new to doing backgrounds, so...that considered, I think it turned out alright. Not great, but alright. :D

    Right then.. XD Here it is:


    This is a bit of a "self-portrait". :) I've got this pale yellow and light pink dress that I like to wear, and in the cooler months I've got a dark purple overcoat I wear with it. (The combination truly looks awesome; a wonderful contrast that you wouldn't think to put together, but it just works. :D ) And the necklace in the picture is done based off of a necklace that some of my younger cousins made for me about a year or two ago. :)

    But yeah. Here's to my 7th sketchbook, and the wonderful potential for improvement on those blank pages! :D

    That's about it. So I'll stop being full of myself now.... ;)

Have a wonderful day, dear reader!
-Bryn

PS:
    My thought for the day: Life...is kind of like a  series of sketchbooks, isn't it? :) Pages and books already filled. A lot of mistakes along the way. A lot of pages full of practice, and pages with a little more pressure because those are the "official" drawings. But with each new phase of our life, there are more and more blank pages for us to fill. All with the potential to get better, find your style, and to shine. :D

    Remember that you have great potential, dear reader. Everyone does. Some people choose not to live up to what they see, while some choose to fill what they see, and still others choose to exceed what they see. :) You might not think so, but I know you have wonderful potential. So hold your head high, smile, and know that you can do anything you set your mind to. You can do anything you want, and you can be anything you want. You don't have to fit into a mold you get tossed into if you don't fit it. Life is about self-discovery, so go out there and explore. :D

    Now then: Be brilliant, be free, and have a great day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment