07 February 2013

Just An Update.

   I haven't really been updating my Blog too much again because, quite honestly, I can't think of much to post about. I mean, my mom got me off on this ramble about how I was gonna start my own country and name it Canadia to compete with Canada. (You see, I frequently refer to Canada as Canadia by mistake because inhabitants of Canada are Canadians. I don't know why my brain does this to me, but it does. So I thought it would be convenient to just re-name the country, or to start my own. I'm just awesomely terrible like that. I'm sorry, Canadians! I am so sorry! I blame the hair. But I don't think I've yet offended my Canadian relatives, so that's good, at least. :) )

    But by the time I got around to thinking of making it into a Blog post, I convinced myself that it would be offensive to any Canadians that might read it. I would think I was being funny, but they might not. *chuckle* Honestly, I think that I probably think I'm funnier than I really am. I like to pretend I'm hilarious, but I'm afraid I'm not nearly as clever as I think. Half the time when someone laughs it's when I'm being serious about something and they find the way I say it to be funny. So..? Not sure what that says about me. Anyway. Back to Canadia. Canada. That post. >.> I didn't make it, obviously. Quite frankly, I can't even remember the extent of the ramble.

    It had something to do with Canadian Bacon and the grudge I hold against it, though....

   Anyway. So then I keep getting prodded at to make a Blog update and then I keep thinking, "What should I post about? Today I made 2 baby hats for a friend. It was very exciting. I sat there and worked on the hat loom for a while and watched reruns of a silly show I grew up with. Yay!" Yup. That's exciting.

    So then I got thinking, "I don't have to post about anything serious, right? I just have to update the darn thing. I KNOW. I'll write about crayons."

    And so I shall. That, my dear reader, is what I've decided to post about today. Crayons. I'm not terribly fond of them. I much prefer colored pencils. It's just easier to get all the little details in a drawing that you can't get with a crayon - well, unless you happen to be very skilled. :) I am not skilled with crayons. But I do like the color variety you get with crayons that you may not get with colored pencils. You know? And sometimes they are just fun to color with. They're definitely good to have if you're helping out with little cousins. Just bring crayons and paper and they're happy. :D

    However...I also prefer colored pencils because, for the most part, they're smoother than crayons. If you do them right, I mean. Sometimes it doesn't look too smooth. Crayons definitely leave a certain texture.

    And what of markers? ...I refuse to use them. Ever.

  Granted, I know some very talented artists who use crayons, colored pencils, and markers and their creations look absolutely amazing! :D I'm not one of them, obviously. XD

    So...just for kicks and giggles, I'll include a colored pencil drawing I did some months ago. :) It's a horse. I'm not very talented with horses. ^^;; To do this one, I actually have...um. *cough* Well. A lot of mess-ups, we'll just say. But I liked how this one came out. :D



Have a great one!
-Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment