04 July 2013

My dear friend, Jo. :)

    I wanted to make a Blog post really quick about my dear friend, Jo. I have told a lot of people for years that she is my truest and most dear friend. But...I feel bad because I feel like I have neglected her a lot over the years. :( Something I am not sure I can really make up for.

    Jo is a little more on the quiet side, and she is one of the most compassionate people I know.

    I have not been able to really do anything regularly with anyone over the past year. Something that she has been very understanding about. I was very touched last week. We were hanging out; we pulled an all-nighter and had an anime marathon. :) It was a lot of fun, and I was ready to keep going for some more hours. The sunrise outside was gorgeous, and so we went and watched it and she patiently waited for me as I took several photographs (which I still need to post to different places...haha?). I was about ready to come inside so that we could go back inside and hang out some more. And then this heavy, heavy exhaust/gasoline smell came out of nowhere. I was only able to make it a few steps inside before sinking to my knees and just staring blankly forward. I was only somewhat aware of what was going on. Jo asked if I was okay, and I was able to shake my head. Quietly, she sat down behind me, resting a hand on my back to keep me steady.

    In that moment, I knew that that is something I will always remember.

    I more-or-less started dozing off, and she kept me from falling over. After several minutes, I kind of starting "waking up" and she helped me get to the bathroom so I could brush my teeth and talk to my dad. She helped get me settled so I could go to sleep and dad took her home. After they left, I couldn't help but cry. When dad got home, I was telling him that I needed to get back up and call her to see if she wanted to finish hanging out. Dad told me I was confused. I wasn't, though. :) I was completely serious. But he told me she had said she'd had a good time and that was of a little comfort. I wound up falling asleep in the middle of rambling about needing to get back up.

    I have been meaning to come and make a post about this, because I was so touched by her actions and by her caring. As horrible of a friend as I have been to her...she's always so understanding and so caring. She is truly a great friend. <3 One I probably don't deserve, but am so very thankful for. :)

    I cannot quite describe what I wish to...the words just are not coming to me right now. But...it's just one of those moments that I will always remember. A heartwarming moment. <3

    This is a picture from a year ago, but it is one of my favorites of us; I love her expression. :D


    Well...that is about it. If I can find my words later, then I will update this. But...I just wanted to post about that moment really quick, and express my gratitude for her. :)

Have a wonderful night, dear reader. <3
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment