24 July 2013

[Super LATE] 4th of July (Official) Post.

    I know. I know. I did it again. I forgot to post! Well...it took a day or so to get my technical difficulties worked out. And by that point I half-forgot. :) The other part is that I've been an emotional wreck lately and have not felt like posting about anything, because *dramatically* the world is just too awful..! No, I'm kidding. But...I will not bore you with my apparent emotional instability. (I am a woman. Is that a good excuse..?) Which, it isn't really. We all have hard days that make us feel like punching a mirror (I didn't, promise) one minute, scream the next, and cry hysterically for a few hours, followed by wanting to punch a hole in the wall of the room that has to have replacement walls anyway (again, I promise I did not do so~). Right?? You guys understand! Right..

    So my 4th of July was for the most part pretty great. :) I had junk food that I hadn't had in a few years. Allergy-friendly junk food, but still junk food. It was marvelous. I say that I "indulged" that day...but I don't think I really did. XD I had a bowl of chips, some goat cheese (<--Not totally new anymore), some hamburger patties (no bread, of course) with MUSTARD (<--Translation: I love and adore mustard. I will honest-to-goodness put mustard on anything), a very small bowl of potato salad, and the next night: S'mores. <3

    Indulge, I think means to stuff your face until you puke. For me, this is what I...sort of did. To a lot of other people I know, I practically ate nothing. >///> And, this was not all one meal, mind you. This was throughout the day.

    I am someone who doesn't like to eat a lot of food. But...I get a lot of people who tell me that I don't eat enough, so...I eat more than I would otherwise. Which is nothing compared to other people. Oh, and the fact that I live in the United States might make a difference on the portions. America is fat~ Don't try to deny it, Americans. We are, and everyone knows it. ;)

    But anyway, the particular state I am from does HUGE fireworks every year! The 4th of July is for America's birthday. :) The fireworks are symbolic of canons and explosions from the war that was fought to earn America's its freedom from the mother country, Great Britain. My state technically was not in existence at that time, but we go nuts for the 4th of July, nonetheless. xD I react to the firework smoke with all of my allergies, to be perfectly honest. But I don't let that keep me from celebrating. I very much enjoy fireworks. :) Anyway, so there is a college stadium not too far from where I live that does massive aerial fireworks every year. Last year small aerials were legalized for public use, plus the ground fireworks.

    I am always on super high alert when fireworks get started up. It...it always sounds like a war zone. To me, at any rate. This activates some kind of high-alert survival instinct in me, and prevents me from 100% enjoying fireworks. But my family went on top of a mountain to watch this year, along with tons of other people who had the same brilliant idea. :) It was lovely. I enjoyed watching the fireworks everyone in the valleys were doing. I think we were able to see 3 valleys from where we were. Definitely 2, but maybe 3. It was very cool to see all of the small aerials going off all over the place. And then it was amazing to watch the massive stadium fireworks. They usually look so huge, but this year they seemed so much smaller! And the sound took several minutes to travel up to us, it was so interesting! :D I also got to observe on the opposite mountain ridge that the all of the smoke from all of the fireworks in the valleys caused chemically-induced orange and red lightning! When the stadium fireworks started, the increased amount of smoke increased the frequency of the lightning. It was such a cool thing to watch. :D And, of course, there were thunder and lightning storms all the next day as a result. :)

    Then the next day, me and my dear friend, Jo, hung out. ^_^ We went to a park, took some (A LOT of) pictures, made s'mores when we got back...and then I wound up crashing on her, so she read some of my Vampire Knight manga and crashed not too long after. XD And then we had a delicious breakfast the next morning~

    Hahaha...oh...and, I failed to realize the sugar content of the s'mores. I haven't had those in years. It was allergy-friendly, mom said, so I just didn't have the good sense to check the sugar content. And I got a sugar-induced rash the next day. Followed by a sugar coma. >///> I-I don't recommend having that much sugar when you don't eat sugar normally. Even if it is "safe" sugar. That will teach me to check the labels next time, haha! But it was tasty, so maybe worth it~ ^_^

   So, that was my 4th. :) Not a terribly exciting post, my apologies. I will actually be making a new post here shortly, haha.

    And now, pictures (please note, I did not get any terribly good firework shots this year, haha) :


I know, I know. This was in my last post too...but I really love this picture for some reason. :) I usually hate pictures of myself, even though I take a million. So...that is saying something for me. xD

Dad and mom. :)

Me, dad, mom. :)


Does anyone else thinks this one looks like a Pokeball?







Jo! ^_^

Jo. :)

Me. :)

Me. :) I don't know why, but I like the pose of this one for some reason.

Smiley Jo~ I caught her while either talking or laughing. Or both. :)

Love Jo's expression! :D

Me and Jo. ^_^

Jo and me making s'mores. :)

My allergy-friendly s'mores that had WAY too much sugar. ;~; But they were delicious. And I have hated graham crackers and marshmallows my whole life, so that is saying something for gluten-free and kosher. ^_^

Jo reading manga and petting my boy kitty, Archer (or, "Mr. Man" as he seems to prefer, haha). :)

Aaaand: Breakfast! ^_^ Tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled omelet), Gohan (steamed rice), and some pickles~ 
For the Gohan recipe (make sure to use Japanese rice if available in your area. <3 American rice is the worst!) : http://j-simplerecipes.com/recipes_metric/rice/steamed-rice.html
Aaand...the pickles were made by my mom. I think she posted the recipe on her Blog, let me see~ Ah, here it is: http://cornfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/08/recipe-time-quinoa-salad-home-canned.html They are pretty delicious. <3

    Anyway, so that was my 4th of July. :) Simple, but fun. ^_^ I enjoyed spending time with my parents and Jo. <3

Have a lovely day, dear reader. <3 I shall update again shortly! (Add-on: Tomorrow.)
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment