26 July 2013

Red Dragonfly~

    I think this amounts to me being lazy, but I'm just going to share a picture I caught of a red dragonfly during irrigation. :) I have like 3 or 4 other posts I want to do...but I do not wish to think at the moment.

    The picture is a little blurry. Not super great quality. I was not able to get close enough to the dragonfly to get a better picture. :) Nor would it hold still long enough! If I got more than 2 feet (61 cm) close to it, it would fly off. So I had to use my zoom, and I didn't have my tripod to stabilize the camera. But...I still liked how it came out. ^_^ I loved the lighting when I got it! Definitely a lucky shot on the lighting; the previous attempts had come out darker.

    I very much enjoyed watching these dragonflies (there were two of them). <3 They were so beautiful and so interesting to watch as they interacted with each other and other insects! They are very territorial. They finally seemed to agree to divide the yard in half between them, and then bully off other insects, such as wasps. :) I loved the way their wings shimmered in the sunlight. <3

    Anyway, here is the picture:


Have a wonderful day, dear reader. <3
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment