07 January 2013

Yeah!! :D Japanese Cooking!! :D :D

    Ah my gosh!! :D Tonight was amazing! Well, today was amazing. Absolutely brilliant. Yesterday too, actually. It's the first "great" days that I've had in a long while. :) Yesterday I had a sufficient amount of energy to do some stretching and push-ups. I can't even begin to describe how amazing that is. I've barely been able to walk for the last few weeks, and the weeks before that, I had to have help walking around or else I'd take a few steps and fall. I wish I was exaggerating. But it was all worth it because of how wonderful the last two days have been!! <3

    So before I ramble too much about my days, I'll get on topic. :) I was able to go out with my mom to the Oriental Market today, and that was super exciting. I love the Oriental Market. <3 I always feel happy in there. The vibes are all very harmonious and the music is upbeat and the workers are so super friendly. Easily one omy favorite stores; everything is just awesome there. :) Anyway, I have been wanting to try out Japanese cooking for a while and just haven't gotten the chance to go out and get what I needed until now. So..! Tonight, I got to try out some authentic, traditional Japanese recipes. :D I was so excited to make this for my family for dinner - you have no idea!! :D And I was excited that I was able to make it! :D

    It was a major, epic win. At least, for me. My dad and brother weren't terribly fond of it. Which is fine for my brother since he's married; he doesn't have to put up with my cooking. My dad does. :) Mom is going to let me do more cooking to try out more recipes; I can't wait!! :D

    Right. Anyway. It was an epic win. So epic. I seriously can't remember the last time I felt this good after eating a meal. I doubt I've ever felt this good after eating a meal, actually. Even with keeping most allergens out of my system on a regular basis (there are accidental exposures; those are unavoidable, sadly)...I still hurt after eating. Sometimes my body will get to points where it just outright rejects anything I try to eat, no matter how "safe" it is. But I always hurt somewhere. After having dinner tonight...I don't hurt anywhere! My body is totally happy! I love it! :D I'm so excited! <3

    And I love how healthy the recipes I've looked through are. And the food tastes good. Like, there's flavor...but it's a good flavor. Natural. Healthy. It's not like junk a lot of people eat in America. Sure, there's flavor...but...it isn't "good". It...it leaves you wanting, and you end up eating more. But this food I made tonight...it's got flavor that's very satisfying, and it's a very filling meal. It doesn't leave you wanting. Does that even make sense? Probably not. I'm just typing words.

    Anyway, after doing poking around on various sites, I wound up making the following tonight: Satsumaimo no miso-shiru (sweet potato miso soup), gohan (steamed rice), and horenso no goma-ae (spinach with sesame/honey sauce). Seriously, so delicious. <3 And then we had some ginger tea after, which was awesome. My brother and dad haven't had herbal tea before, so me and mom were enjoying that. :D

    It was so good!! <3 I know I keep saying that...but seriously. It was. And I feel so good! Ah!! I'm looking forward to trying more recipes in the future, that's for sure. :D :D

    Now, I shall be a dork and include some pictures. ^^



 There's me cooking. :)
 There's the whole meal. :)
 Satsumaimo no miso-shiru (sweet potato miso soup).
 Gohan (steamed rice).
 Horenso no goma-ae (spinach with sesame/honey sauce).


    With that, dear reader, take care. :D

Have a good one!
-Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment