17 May 2013

A Local Beauty.

    Alright, I mentioned a waterfall I love to rock-climb at earlier, and mentioned some photos I wanted to share but could not just yet. :) I wish to share these now. Pictures are from sometime last year, I think, and most likely out of order. :)



Morning shot of the falls.


Zoomed angle of the first level.


Me on a shelf next to the falls on the first level. :) This shelf is also covered with fossils. ^_^


Me and my dad. :)


Close-up.


Fossils! :D


Starfish fossil! :D


Close-up.


Fossilized kelp root. (Or, what we believe to be kelp, we aren't sure.)


Fossilized kelp root. (Or, what we believe to be kelp, we aren't sure.)


Fossilized kelp root. (Or, what we believe to be kelp, we aren't sure.)


Me next to a half-cave with crystals formations in the beginning phases. :)


Crystal formation.


Crystal formation.


Crystal formation.


Second level. :D


Second level. :D


Me posing at the second level. :)


An ant.


Some kind of insects on a Dandelion. Not sure what kind. :o


Monarch butterfly on a thistle. ^_^


Tree berries. :D


What I believe is a daisy?


Flowers. :)


Flowers. :)


What we believe to be a piece of obsidian ("volcanic glass"), which fascinates me. :D


Centipede? Millipede? Something ending in "pede". :o


Snail. ^_^


Some kind of spider. :)



Opposite mountains.



Zoomed in on the opposite mountains. :)



Zoomed up on the opposite mountains. :)


Park trail when first arriving, or when heading back.



River rapids.


Close-up of the river rapids. :) Sadly, too shallow to do any white-water rafting!


Sunrise. ^_^


    And that is some of the beauty of one of my favorite places. :D Sadly...it is quickly turning into a dump-grounds, as well as an attempted tourist attraction...and people...people are coming in and changing natural formations to..."improve" nature...it pisses me off. I actually have grown to dread going there, because of how much people keep changing it, and because of all of the trash that has been dumped. And not just litter; like metal shrapnel too. I am actually going to start researching how to rally up a restoration project to restore the Falls' natural beauty, to get the trash out of there, to clean up the river, fix rotting wooden fences next to steep drop-offs to the river, etcetera. This place is beautiful, but severely abused and neglected. I want to try and do something about that. I feel that we as humans have a responsibility to the Earth to keep her healthy wherever we are, and to not alter natural beauties. But anyway, that is not what this post is about, I apologize. ^^;; I wanted to share some of the natural beauties up there with you. :) I know the shots are not great, but I hope you enjoyed them anyway. ^_^ There were more I wanted to share, especially in the way of fossils...but I lost the files on my computer. I need to clean it up, haha.

Hope you have a great day, dear reader! Remember to look for nature's beauty each day. ^_^
-Bryn




No comments:

Post a Comment