09 May 2013

(((Mad Kitchen-Scientist Cackle))) Recipe~! For you~! AND MEE~!

    Me and my dearest best friend of 14 years, Jo, were kitchen-scientists tonight. :'D I've been having some seriously intense cravings over the last few weeks, cravings that are weird because it's stuff I either don't eat too often or even have a bit of an aversion to. Pineapples, I have never liked. All of the sudden, I WANT THEM SO BAD. It's ridiculous. >.>'' The other foods? Anything spicy - the spicier the better, pineapples, honey, salt, pineapples, hummus, pineapples, cinnamon, and let's see...pineapples. ;) I've REALLY been wanting something sweet lately. SO. Guess what~?! :D Me and Jo made something...*dramatic pause*...delicious. =3

    We dumped a bunch of raw almonds and raw sunflower seeds onto a tray and preheated the oven to 350 degrees. Then we heated some honey up until it was super runny and dumped it over them, and mixed them all up so the honey coated them all, and spread them back out. Then we added salt and cinnamon and stuck them in the oven for 30 minutes. Pulled them out and mixed them again, seeing that the honey had liquefied a ton. Then we let them go another 10 minutes, and pulled them out. :) Added some more cinnamon and salt while they cooled and MMMM...delicious. :'D It makes my taste buds happy. =3 So, I wanted to share. xD Just, y'know, 'cuz I haven't posted a recipe before. I know this isn't an exact recipe, but it does make for a tasty treat. :D If you ever try them out: Enjoy~! <3

And, pictures, just 'cuz:


Jo and the treats. ^_^


Me and the treats. ^_^


Close-up of the treats. ^_^

    Anyway, I'm extra-excited about these because of all of my allergies. It's hard to get sweets when I happen to want them, which isn't very often. :o I actually don't eat sugar hardly ever, and usually I only have honey if I mix it into my tea (and even then, that's not always)...because sugar and sugar equivalents are pretty hard on my system. But, I'm excited about these, 'cuz they are yummy and safe for me and honey isn't super hard on my system...and yum. ^_^

Have a delicious day, dear reader. ;)
-Bryn

PS:
One thing! Make sure to put down parchment paper, because (as we found out the hard way) it is very hard to get off of the pan once cooled all of the way! ^^;;


No comments:

Post a Comment