28 May 2013

New Faerie Edit!

    Yeah! :D I feel so awesome right now! Now, before I get into this and show pictures, I will say this first: The colors will change depending on monitor screens. :) I say that because it looks pretty awesome on my laptop screen (where the editing was done)...but our home computer is very color saturated, which alters the colors.

    Right then~! ^_^ My mom took a picture of me while we down by a local lake. The wind had started blowing and I thought my hair looked more dramatic than it did, so I was trying to pose dramatically to go with the dramatic hair-blowing I was imagining. Then the actual photo...well, wasn't quite as dramatically epic as I thought it would be. We all know how that goes, right? :)


    Then boredom struck me two nights ago, and I decided to do a quick Faerie edit, seeing as I had taken a picture of a butterfly with different wings than my first oneNothing fancy, just more-or-less gluing the wings onto the image and "Voilà!", haha.


   And suddenly, after posting it on facebook, I had a vision of something completely awesome. Honestly, I didn't pull off what I was imagining (I gotta quit doing that, haha!), again. There were some limitations present by both the program and the images I was working with. :) But even still, I really enjoyed working on the picture. It took me probably about...*thinks*...14 hours? Somewhere around there. I am still, obviously, an amateur photo editor. :) This is the biggest editing project I have done so far. Even though it didn't come out how I was originally envisioning, and there is always room for improvement, I kind of love it. :D

    It gives me hope for future projects. I honestly haven't done any photo editing, at least of this nature, in months. I haven't been practicing...and I feel like in some ways, my skills have still somehow improved. ^_^ That is all I can hope for; improvement with each new project. So the next one should be even better! :D

    Here it is:


    Not perfect and, yes, cartoony in quite a few areas regardless of computer monitor, but...I still am happy with it. ^_^ Working on this helped me to relax, which is something I have needed.

    Here is to hoping that the next project will be even better and maybe even a little more realistic! :D I really do love doing this kind of photo-editing. <3

Have a great day, dear reader! :D
-Bryn

PS:
If you would like, here is a link to my first Faerie edit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment