14 June 2013

Old Prologue.

    So I was browsing through some of my old short stories, poems, and books. I was searching for something particular, and stumbled across this old prologue. Haha, I was cringing as I read it. :D I started the story in late Elementary school, and then wrote this prologue in late Junior High. So about 6 or 7 years ago. YIKES!! It leaves A LOT of room for improvement (especially when you get into chapters 1 and 2 [I was writing about 13 books around that time, so never got very far in most of them, haha]). xD But it was fun to re-read and reminisce, so I wanted to share it with you guys. ^_^ Just for fun~

"PROLOGUE

    It felt as if cold hands were grasping at my throat, blocking off my supply of oxygen, and I could feel my eyes go wide as I gasped for what little air I could right as who must have been the Overlord they mentioned walked in. His black eyes, hard and cold, seemed to pierce through me, stabbing my mind as his eyes bored into mine. His pasty skin was tight, and you could easily make out his jaw and cheekbones. His light brown hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail, coming very easily to his shoulders. This man, I was certain, had been the one that destroyed my village. This was the man that I needed to kill in order to gain my vengeance.

    I looked over at Shinitee slowly to see him staring in a hateful manner at the Overlord. I glanced back at him, drawing in a shallow breath. Did the rest of the group recognize who this really was? I sighed internally; likely not. They didn't have the same motives as Shinitee and I. They hadn't had their villages destroyed by the Dark Lord's armies."

    Haha, oh man. I was like 13 or 14 years when I wrote this, so I'm trying not to be too hard on the writing. :) I can just see all the areas it can be improved. That's the fun thing about hanging onto old writings, though, is that you can see how far you have come. :D

    Anyway, that's it, haha. Just felt being a little reminiscent. Not a serious post in the least bit. ^_^

Hope you have a marvelous day, dear reader! :D
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment