22 September 2011

Ceiling Fans

   So, I just got thinking about ceiling fans the other day. In fact, I was thinking about them while staring at one after watching an episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (although my favorite Star Trek series is "Star Trek: Enterprise"). And in that episode, they had run into some sort of being that was there above a planet, but wasn't at the same time. It was theorized that these beings lived between several dimensions.

    So there I was laying beneath the ceiling fan, just staring at it as the dawn began to break outside. And I was thinking about how a ceiling fan is the perfect example of something that's there, but isn't. I sound crazy, don't I?

    But if you think about it, they really are. See, when the ceiling fan is on, it spins. As it spins, it gives off the illusion of being a solid circle. But if you stare at a spot, you can see past the circle and occasionally a shadow passes over that spot, and that's the real fan blades. The illusion is there because you're seeing the after images of the blades.
 
    Therefore: Ceiling Fans are perfect examples of something that is there, but isn't there. So does that mean that ceiling fans are really beings that live between dimensions??

    Better keep an eye on them. Don't want them to suddenly reach down and grab you and take you on board their secret ship inside the ceiling and then toss you into another dimension, universe, or alternate reality. At the same time, though, wouldn't it be interesting to see an alternate reality? For every choice you never made, the other self made. What would you be like? Better off or worse?

   Would I be a brunette and then all my friends were the blondes? That...would be strange. Anyway, moral of the story: I stare at ceiling fans too much.

Good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment