19 December 2012

Strawberries & Almonds...They're Magically Delicious!

   So. . .I seem to remember saying something about posting some kinda recipe or something. That's right; I remembered for once. x3 It's a magical salad (and I'm not just saying that because I've associated two of the ingredients with Harry Potter!) - magically delicious! Okay. Done with the Lucky Charms and Harry Potter stuff here. -///- I'm starting to annoy myself. Anyway, it really is a delicious salad. :D

   It's from a recipe book called, "Robyn's Healthy Family Favorites" - except with almonds instead of pecans (<--my dad is allergic to pecans). Thank you, Robyn, for this recipe. ...Or, I think that's the author's name..? *double-checks* Yup. Robyn Openshaw. Apparently my mom uses her recipe books a lot; she's got some good ones~ I highly recommend. ^^ I'll use (*) to comment with what my family does different.



Spinach Strawberry Salad
2 bags spinach, washed and torn into pieces
4 C sliced strawberries
1/2 C raw pecans (*we do toasted almond slices)
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil (*we sometimes use grapeseed oil)
1/2 C white wine vinegar
1/4 C raw honey
1/4 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
optional: 2-3 Tbsp pureed strawberries or raspberries (*we don't do this part)
optional: 1/8 tsp basil (*we do use)
(*sometimes we add Stevia to the dressing, to taste)

Toss spinach, strawberries, and pecans. Whisk oil and other ingredients together, pour over salad mixture, and toss.




   This. This is my favorite salad...I love it! :D Anyway. So that's the recipe I mentioned, and it's yummy~ Enjoy! ^^

Have a great one!
-Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment