16 September 2013

Recipe Time! Corn-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free Cookie-Like Chocolates~!

    So, this is basically Homemade Chocolates~! but taking it a little further and making some minor adjustments. :) The ingredients are still just cocoa, coconut milk, and honey. So, part of the point of Homemade Chocolates post is to have a mostly-bitter, fudge-like chocolate. For the cookie-like chocolates, you add more honey than you do coconut milk and leave it fairly runny. Not like water or anything, but it is pretty runny. Add enough honey to make it fairly sweet. :) Or what kind of sweetness you happen to enjoy~

    I will more-or-less repeat the instructions, modifying as needed for this version, here for anyone who does not feel like clicking on the other post for the instructions. ;)

    I did not do any measurements. Just kind of eyed the amounts. Mix some coconut milk in with cocoa until it is moist. Add equal to double amounts of honey as the coconut milk. This will make the mixture more on the runny side. Sample it to make sure the sweet-to-bitter taste is to your personal liking. The goal with this one is to have it more sweet than it is bitter. :) Drop it onto parchment paper and stick it in the freezer until it is cold and solid. I left it in for probably about an hour to an hour and a half.

    When I made the fudge-like chocolates, they lasted for 3 or so days. There weren't a ton of them, since I just did a small amount...and I was craving chocolate.... ;~; I did a larger portion this time, and expect them to last as long or longer. :) Especially because my parents rarely will partake in my recipes since my food options are more limited than theirs. Even when they find my recipes satisfying. XD

    As before, do not eat too much at once if you wish to avoid a stomach ache. ;) I think that goes for any chocolate, though, haha.

    And then a special addition to half of the batch: I added raw almonds and raw sunflower seeds to them. :) YUM! This is part of why they seemed cookie-like. Especially the ones with almonds! <3 The other reason is because they are shaped like disks, and about the size of cookies. ^_^ I personally feel very fond of the sunflower seed ones. <3

    Warning: It does start to melt the longer you hold it from your body temperature - and from the plate being room temperature. ._. I do not know if leaving it in for longer will solve this or not? I'll, uh, let you know if that turns out to be the case. Or figure out a cleaner way to eat them. XD So just be prepared to wash your hands or use a napkin or something. :) Then just eat it as you want. If you happen to figure out a solution to this problem or have suggestion for something to to try, please, comment to let me know. :D

    The plain ones melt the fastest, the sunflower ones melt the slowest, and the almond ones melt kind of in-between. I am not 100% sure why this is, but I can theorize that the seeds and almonds retain the cold longer which slows the melting process. The ones with the seeds melt slower because they cover more of the surface than the almonds do. I mean, that may not be the reason...but that is my theory. XD Not that it really matters, haha. :) I just like to know why things work the way they do~ 

    Be sure to use organic and safe for you ingredients. :)

Ready to go in the freezer! :D

Almond! (After freezing~)

Plain! (After freezing~)

Sunflower seed! (After freezing~)

Me eating one. XD

    Yup. :) I hope to do some that have coconut shreds or raisins in the them in the future, and whatever else comes to mind. ^_^ If you do your own variation, feel free to comment and let me know so I can give it a try. :D I imagine for craisin fans, those would be pretty good too. :) I personally hate craisins, so won't be testing that theory. ^^;;

    If you give these a try, I hope you enjoy them! :D

Have a delightful morning, dear reader! <3
Love,
Bryn

2 comments:

  1. You could use those crinkled paper wrappers that look a little like cupcake papers but are more shallow to transfer the "cookies" onto (like the papers they use in boxes of chocolates but bigger). Then you can just hold the paper while you eat. It's pretty, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Good suggestion, thank you! :D I will definitely give this a try. :)

      Delete