16 September 2013

Recipe Time! Corn-Free, Sugar-Free, Cow Dairy-Free Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms~!

    Last night I made stuffed portobello mushrooms. <3 I got the idea from my mom. She always talks about how, when she was in England, there was this guy who made cheese-stuffed portobello mushrooms. I have always thought this sounded potentially yummy. And last night I threw together my own stuffed portobello mushrooms. :D

    It actually is not that difficult to make them, and you do not need a recipe! :D Just throw stuff together, haha. But I am going to post a loose recipe of what I did here. :)


What You Need
*Portobello Mushroom
*Spinach
*Yellow Squash
*Onions
*Soft, spreadable Goat Cheese
*Salt
*Tomato

    Preheat oven to either 375 degrees or 400 degrees.

    You take the portobello mushroom, flip it over, and take off the stem. I do not use the stem, personally, but you can. :)

    Put spinach on the mushroom until it covers the whole thing. Take the goat cheese (make sure to have refrigerated it so that it is firm) and slice into it. Put it in chunks over the spinach. Enough to cover 3/4 of the spinach.

    Finely dice the yellow squash and cover the spinach and cheese. Repeat the goat cheese step, but using less cheese.

    Finely dice the onions and cover the yellow squash and goat cheese. Repeat the goat cheese step, using less cheese than the last time. Now add salt, so that the salt will help draw out the onion's flavor.

    Chunk the tomato and cover the onion and goat cheese. Add the tiniest bit of goat cheese over this. The overall goal is to give it an almost pyramid look. :)

    Place in a square, metal pan that has a little bit of water in the bottom. I personally use Crystal Geyser Water. <3 My body doesn't really tolerate water otherwise. =/ Cover pan with foil.

    Place the pan in the middle of the oven and set the timer for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, pull it out and - leaving the foil on all of the way - let it set for another 10 to 20 minutes. This allows it to cool off, but continue to cook due to the residual trapped heat. After 10 to 20 minutes, it is at the perfect temperature for eating. :D

    For me, this was the most divine thing I have ever eaten. <3 For anyone who knows me, or as previous readers may know, they know that I discovered Japanese cooking this past year and absolutely adore it. I loved the stuffed mushroom more than the Japanese cooking. That is saying something for me. :) I know that mushrooms are not everyone's thing, however, and will not tell you that you will feel the same way. XD Haha, everyone is different and unique~

    But if you are cool with mushrooms, I recommend trying this out! :D And as I said, you do not actually need a recipe! Just throw stuff together! So now you know, if you did not already, how to make stuffed portobello mushrooms. ;) Mmm! <3

Ready to put in the oven!

It should leave a bit of a bump in the foil. :)

Finished! The water will take on a dark brown color from the mushroom juices. As you can see, there is not much difference in the appearance of the dish. The big difference is that the dish is no longer a pyramid shape, but, rather, is more rounded. :) And the onions are soft, haha. ;) If you push on the bump in the foil after taking it out, you can push it down and not hit it right away!

Mmm! <3 ^_^

    Yeah. Thinking about it, I kind of wish I would have taken step-by-step photos. But...I was not sure if the dish would turn out or not. :) I may or may not remedy this in the future.

     If you try this out, I hope you enjoy it! And if you do your own variation, I would love to hear about it! :D I always love hearing about or finding new recipes!

    Oh! Be sure to use organic, safe for you ingredients! Or homegrown if you garden! :D

Have a tasty morning, dear reader! :D I will actually be posting another recipe soon. ^_^
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment