14 September 2013

SLC 2013 First Annual Comic Con!! :D :D

    Yeah. It took me a while, but here it is. XD I have been so scatter-brained!

    This was the MOST INCREDIBLE weekend of my ENTIRE life!! :D :D Oh. My. GOSH.!!! :D :D <3 I am on the home computer right now, and so will have to add photos later. :) I was so happy to see so many geeks in one place! So many amazing, like-minded people! <3 AND ALL OF THOSE COSPLAYERS. AHHH!!! I wish I could be as cool as you guys~ ;~; Next year. Next year I shall make Skyrim Armor. At least, that is what I keep telling myself. XD We shall see. :) But, seriously. Everyone was into fantasy, sci-fi, video games, comic books...all was right with the world. <3 They understood all of the references. <3

    The highlights for me and my father? Meeting Dirk Benedict, the original Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica and Face in The A-Team. :) Dad's hero growing up. He was so fun to talk to! He seemed just like a regular dude, and he even started singing randomly. It was glorious. XD Meeting Tracy Hickman and his wife. <3 AHHMYGOSHEDNESS!!!! <3 <3 <3 BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE. Tracy Hickman has been a favorite author of mine FOREVER and was an inspiration to me in my own writings. :D I can't even express how excited I was! I got their autographs, got a picture with them, and then got to HUG them!! I loved them! <3 Seeing all of the cosplays - professional quality to cheap, thrown together. :D It was wonderful seeing all of them! And the children that were dressed up as superheroes and stuff were just the cutest!

    Talking to a Galadriel cosplayer, we got asked to go have our photo taken together for a site. :) I have yet to see the photo, because I failed to take note of the site...BUT STILL. Then there were these two darling girls that were going around asking all of the cosplayers (or who they thought looked like cosplayers) for their autographs - and I was one of the lucky ones they asked. XD I had quite a number of people ask me if I was a cosplayer, and I told them I wasn't and they were like, "OH! Really??" - hahaha! I got a chance to tell some of them about the Lolita Street Fashion. I love Loli. :) I don't always dress Loli, and I don't do "true Loli" either...but I do love elements of the Lolita Fashion. A LOT. <3 It is so feminine! <3 I did my versions of Loli each day of the weekend. Which leads me to...I MET THREE OTHER LOLIS. AHH!! And they invited me to join the Loli Community in our area! I didn't even know we had one! :D

    My favorite professional-level single cosplayer? A Jack Sparrow...excuse me: Captain Jack Sparrow.... ;) Haha. So a Captain Jack Sparrow cosplayer. This guy was seriously amazing. He did the walk, did the expressions, did the mannerisms, and did the voice PERFECTLY. SO. PERFECTLY. For all we knew he could have been Jonny Depp - he was that PERFECT!!

     My favorite done-up couple? A Steampunk couple. They were the BEST Steampunks we saw all Con. :) They just looked...let us say this: They are the reason people do Steampunk. :D They look at them and go, "That is an attractive fashion! I want to wear that!!" xD

    My favorite cheap, thrown-together cosplayer? This guy went and got a bathroom rug and draped it over his shoulders with a note that said, "THIS IS A CHEAP WOOKIE COSTUME". Hahaha...that made me laugh so hard, I had to knuckle-bump him. :'D

    My favorite large group cosplayers? A group of Batman characters - seriously incredible. I just...I can't even begin to describe. The picture...you will understand the beauty. <3

    My favorite small group cosplayers? Lord of the Rings...epicness. Like, seriously. Again, you just have to see the picture. XD

    It was just an amazing, amazing weekend. <3

    I shall add pictures when I get on the laptop. :) Aaand then post the link over to the Comic Con page via my dad's facebook so that people can get their pictures. >.> Just don't expect them to look amazing. ^^;; I, uh, couldn't take super great photos with how fast-paced everything felt.

    Haha...the moment we walked into there I was like, "There is a Link! Look, Tinkerbelle! AH - MASTER CHIEF! Dude, look at that Bilbo! Catwoman! A Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka! Thor! Over there - Star Wars Bounty Hunters! Jedi! AH! Zetsu!" - and so on and so forth. ;)

Have a wonderful night, dear reader. <3
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment