12 August 2013

Catch-Up Post #1: First 'Fruits' of Gardening.

    Ah-ha...yeah. I did not post daily like I hoped! But...the overall goal I have is to have an equal amount of posts. I made a bet with someone, if you must know. :) They told me  that, if I needed to, I could do multiple in a day if I missed any. If I have 31 posts at the end of the month, I win. If not, I lose. I don't win anything, and they don't win anything...it is just to see if I can do it. :) And I do not like to lose. >///>

    So! This is the first of several posts over the course of the next 6-8 hours. ^_^ Most likely, they will all be short posts. :)

    First: We are starting to get some of our first ripe vegetables from the garden. ^_^ Some of them are new, and some of them we have done before. :D We have always been kind of bad when it comes to gardening. This is the first year that I...I have not been able to really help the way I want to...I am able to help with harvesting the ripe things...but I could not plant this year, and I am not allowed to help with weeding, even if the garden does need it.... It is frustrating, being so weak. But...anyway. So, my mom is noted for having a "black thumb" instead of green. She can't grow things without killing them, even if she follows the right instructions! Then there is my dad, silly father that he is. :) He says he hates gardening, but he is SO good at it! And I think he does enjoy it more than he lets on. :) He gets this sort of...peaceful look on his face when he is gardening.

    A few years ago when he decided to join in on our usually futile attempts, was when things finally started to grow and produce. I have always managed to grow at least one, small pumpkin every year though. :) And sometimes very tiny watermelons. ^_^ Those are my things; pumpkin and watermelon patches. Then the rest of it is mom and dad's (mostly dad). Mom enjoys gardening flowers out front too...as does dad. :) Dad is also obsessed with trying to have a green yard, haha! As well as trying to grow a strawberry patch. :D Mom usually helps with weeding, rather than watering. Then all of us usually help to harvest. I am thankful I am well enough to be able to do at least that. ^_^ I...think it is cool, that my dad can grow plants. That he can encourage life to blossom, and life that gives life to us by producing vegetables and fruits. :)

    Pictures~ ^_^

Ignore the disgusting butter in the background, haha. -///- Yellow squash, cucumber, and green bell-pepper. :)

This is our first year growing bell-peppers. :D It may be the only one we grow, but at least we grew one! ^_^

Cucumber. :)

Yellow squash. :)

Turnips and green beans. :)

Our first year growing turnips. ^_^ Some of mom's favorite vegetables, if I am not mistaken. :)

Green beans. :) Dad loves these!

Tomatoes. ^_^

This one is SO round!

Have a tasty day, dear reader! :D
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment