24 August 2013

Catch-Up Post #10: Brownie Recipe. :)

    Thought I would give you the brownie recipe, dear reader. ^_^ It is a family recipe, if memory serves. But we have given it out to plenty of people. :) It is a recipe that we've made a lot over the years for people and occasions. I like to make mine soft and chewy, so I do an extra little trick; but not everyone likes them chewy.

    For my out-of-country viewers, I will post the recipe in metric, as well. :) ...Hopefully I convert it correctly!!

     Anyone with allergies: I'm actually going to be looking into figuring out an allergy-friendly version of these fairly soon, and will post about that soon. :) I think it should be pretty easy~

Brownies
>1 1/2 C Flour
>2 C Sugar
>1/2 C & 2t Cocoa
(Add a few extra teaspoons if you want "dark" chocolate brownies.)
>1t salt
>1 C Oil
>4 Eggs
>1t Vanilla
>1 C Chopped nuts (optional; I have yet to use nuts, personally.)

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Mix all of the dry ingredients together thoroughly. Add wet ingredients; I suggest beating the eggs in a separate container before adding - it gives an extra "smoothness" to the brownies. Bake for 30-35 minutes in a greased and floured 9X13 pan. My tip for making them chewy: Bake for the least amount of minutes, maybe even just 27 minutes depending on how chewy you want them. When the timer goes off, stick a fork in the middle, if it does not come out clean, but is also solid, pull it out. After it cools, they will be nice and chewy. :) If you don't want chewy, just soft, then wait until the fork comes out clean. ^_^

Brownies - Metric
>357 ml Flour
>473 ml Sugar
>130 ml Cocoa
(Add a little extra if you want "dark" chocolate brownies.)
>5 ml Salt
>237 ml Oil
>4 Eggs
>5 ml Vanilla
>237 ml Chopped nuts (optional)

Same instructions. :) And I really hope those are the correct metric measurements!! :o If they are not, please, let me know. :)


    Not the best picture, I know. But, it is a picture. ;)

Enjoy, dear reader! :D
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment