24 August 2013

Catch-Up Post #12: [A Gift] Great-Grandma's Red Flowers. ^_^

    So...this is just so cool. :) We planted a lot of flowers in the front this year. I knew exactly where they would all go, and mom and I knew exactly what kind of flowers to be expecting to see. We have never planted red petunias, nor did we this year. :) But we were surprised to see one day this red petunia growing where we had not planted any flowers. Up until recently, there had also been two big bushes there. So how on Earth did they get there?

    I have always known our yard to be kind of a magical yard, as I put it. Our backyard is a lot like a forest; it is so beautiful! <3 We get a large variety of plants, flowers, and birds showing up back there. :D And every year there is always a new kind of flower, sometimes two kinds, growing somewhere! Without fail. It is truly amazing. <3 <3 I had already found this year's new flowers, and this year it had been two. Mom told me about the petunias and I went and looked. She asked if I was positive we hadn't planted there, and I said I was. I asked if she was positive we hadn't planted red ones (kind of jokingly; we had planted purple and they were all close to done blooming), and she said she was.

    A few days later, she told me that she could not help but think of Great-Grandma whenever she looked at them. :) Mom loved her Grandma a lot, and I just adored Great-Grandma. <3 Among the things we remember well about her is that she loved the color red, and she loved it when I wore red. ^_^ She also loved ladybugs, painting, and oatmeal creme pies - among other things. :) This was quite a number of weeks ago, and these mysterious red petunias just keep growing, spreading, and blooming. :) There are no other flowers in the front, aside from our marigolds, because it is past their season. But here these beautiful red flowers are, flourishing past their season. :) So we feel like, somehow, Great-Grandma planted us some red flowers from the other side. <3 ^_^


Have a wonderful night, dear reader. :)
Love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment